When it comes to installing a fence the matter of best electric fence posts comes as a vital part to think of. Generally sturdy and long-lasting fence posts determine the longevity of your fencing project. Therefore, finding the best quality fence post is imperative to find and use.
On the other hand, wooden posts can come in use for heavy fencing. It is not on our discussion, rather leaning more toward metal fences.
Besides, people often use concrete posts which are quite sturdy and long-lasting subject to your protective measures. However, these concrete posts are expensive as well as involve a complicated procedure to install.
Nonetheless, speaking of affordable fencing posts, few metal fencing posts are available in the market to make sure your pocket is saved as well as to ensure the best delivery of protection.
Things to Look at Your Electric Fence posts Before Buying
Do you need a pack or few options in specific lengths
Some fence posts come in packs, such as 10 pcs in 3 feet sizes. So, check your requirement how many and what actual height you require for your fencing. Ideally, it starts with 3 feet.
Gauge Makes sure how strong your Electric fence post is
The ideal gauge is 15 gauge rugged steel or aluminum for taking pounds of manual fence post pounders. For fiberglass posts, it is different.
Does your fence post come with clips to hold wires?
Some electric fence posts come along with clips where no additional insulators are needed. However, it has been recommended by many experts to have an insulator for added stability and better stretch at the wires.
Look at the material, is it plastic or metal?
You need to know that plastic and fiberglass fence posts can not take heavy pounding. Other metal fence posts can take pounding while installing. Besides, depending on the material and strength of a post you think of the ideal place to set up and electric fence.
List of Best electric fence posts
Editor's Ranking Editor's Choice Editors Rating special Feature Instant Link 1 MTB Steel ✪✪✪✪✪ metal fence post Buy At Amazon 2 Mazel light ✪✪✪✪☆ three sizes: 4’, 5’ and 6 Buy on Amazon 3 Yardworks ✪✪✪✪☆ weighs 25 pounds Buy At Amazon 4 Origin point ✪✪✪✪☆ rust and weatherproof. Buy At Amazon 5 SmartSign ✪✪✪✪✪ 1.12 lbs Medium Weight Buy At Amazon 6 Fi shock ✪✪✪✪☆ UV resistant to long last under sunlight Buy At Amazon 7 Common Sense ✪✪✪✪✪ fiberglass constructed posts Buy at Amazon 8 Galifex Fiberglass ✪✪✪✪☆ Alloy Steel, Metal and comes in highly visible yellow Buy at Amazon
1. MTB Steel Electric Fence Post Metal
- This fence post is made of steel and comes in green.
- Price varies per your requirement of getting the right height for your fencing panels.
- Ideally for fencing 6 ft fence post is standard.
- For the pack of 5, 7 ft bulk fence cost 65$ max. thus, rest of the products cost less than $65 which is assuring for affordable fencing.
- This product is sturdy enough for your wire fencing and highly reliable.
- MTB fence posts are light and easy to carry.
- These fence posts are sturdy enough to take pounding while inserting them in the ground.
- These fence posts are easy to install.
- It Comes in pack/bulk, therefore, a reduced price in comparison to other posts.
- These fence posts can be used for garden fencing, deer fencing, and for dog fencing.
- Comes in bulk therefore you might face difficulty while returning.
- Needs pounder to hammer them in the ground.
This package has always amazing offers for customers to choose from their plans. You need to search in on the amazon link to find out your choice.
2. Mazel light Electric Fence Post
- Mazel light comes in set of 10.
- 14 Gauge steel
- Dark Green painted
- The color contains green and a good product to take.
- From this product, it comes in three sizes: 4’, 5’ and 6’.
- Sturdy enough to remain in place for long, if you think of mass/wide fencing.
- Customer service is satisfactory.
- This post can be used at patio, lawn and garden.
- It comes in one black color. Cant be shipped to Carolina
- they get rusty soon
- Specification or application of this product is not elaborated well at amazon.
Comes from Yard works, The best utility fence for yard, garden, and landscapes
3. Yardworks Steel Best Electric Fence posts
- Only difference it makes from other posts, it weighs 25 pounds when it ships except California.
- Besides, dark green painted finish keeps your post away from rust for a long time.
- Again this post comes in set of 10.
- This post has no complex features to follow and comply which can be installed right at your yard with less effort.
- On the other hand, this fence post comes in few more sizes: 3’ to 7’.
- Cheaper than any other metal posts.
- Works best at summer and spring
- doest bend because of it’s sturdy nature.
- Best money you can buy.
- Shipment can’t be made to Carolina
- Extra tools such as a screwdriver is needed while installing.
Another sturdy designed post you can choose without hesitation is yard works posts.
These posts are reliable and remain placed for a long.
4. Origin point Best Metal Electric Fence posts
- This light-duty post is green enameled which is rust and weatherproof.
- This post has multiple tabs to make the wiring tasks convenient.
- This fence post is green powder coated and comes in three sizes.
- A product well constructed to use for fencing made of stamped sheet steel.
- This fence is used for light-duty works.
- Using taller posts helps you to keep dogs, squirrels, pets, and intruding night predators away from your neighborhood. It doesn’t bend and tall enough to guard your yard.
- ordering single posts may cost you more instead of taking a pack. However, it is expensive if you want it for a mail post.
5. SmartSign Galvanized Steel Fence Posts
- Comes in a maximum 5 pack
- Green enamel-coated steel
- 8” posts are mainly popular for this type.
- 6” posts are easier for homeowners, for gardening and parking lot.
- The hole spacing and hole size is standard across all post heights.
- pre-drilled holes measuring 3/8” in diameter located at the top 30 inches of the post
- Baked-enamel coating extends the life of posts and makes them rust-proof.
- Parking Signs, CCTV Signs, Private Property Owners can use to sign the post.
- While pounding it may bend if not done with proper calculation.
This has penetrated in the market recently and has gained lots of popularity among customers. This type of post basically is used for sign postings and private parking signage.
Smart signpost come in medium weight, Heavyweight, round and square posts. So a good value for money!
6. Fi-Shock Lightweight Plastic Garden Fence Posts
- This fence post amazingly blends with the green fields.
- Eight clips per post to hold wire or more work like insulators.
- Lightweight posts are durable to last long.
- This fence post works temporarily for livestock, pens, gardens, and sometimes works best for crowd control or boundary marking.
- To protect vegetation, flower gardens, and farms of vast length these lightweight fence posts work perfectly.
- Usually, this fence post comes in green to blend with nature which is built with reinforced plastic.
Use this post for temporary fencing, livestock pens, gardening, crowd control, and boundary marking. Highly Recommended.
- Can be used as a fencing post for protecting flower and vegetable gardens from nuisance animals such as dogs, cats, groundhogs, raccoons, etc
- Can be used as property markers, small plant support stakes etc
- Clips can hold poly wire, steel wire and aluminum wire
- Clips are sturdy enough to hold wire of any weight.
- UV resistant to long last under sunlight.
- Ideal for small fencing areas and good for gardening only.
- Not ideal for horse fencing, good for small animals like sheep and goats.
- Please note, the material is plastic, thus can not take a heavy pounding.
Fi-Shock fence posts are simple and can be used for gardening in your yard or to cover small pasturing areas. Fi shock comes in the pack. Thinking of having bulk fence posts? then this would help your fencing precisely and perfectly. But,
7. Common Sense Fiberglass Fence Posts for Electric fencing
- Super light weight and awesome features to install easily and mount wires.
- Takes a better grip at the ground so it won’t pull out from the ground
- Rust and rot proof which ensures no possibility of shock.
- You can install 3-4 inch in to the ground for firmness
- Fiberglass material ensures the longevity and sturdyness while tightening
- Works amazingly with rope and tape
- Suitable for any type of electric fencing
- It suits to any type of terrain and is weatherproof
- The lightweight feature may sometimes cause problems to make it more sturdy
- Comes only in 48 inches, no other option available to choose from.
- Comes in a set of 10
- Cannot ship to California
- Smart clip design includes easy 4 clips and a triangle clip to secure wire
- It springs back and pretty flexible while adjusting
8. Garnifex Fiberglass Step in Fence Posts
These substantial posts are perfect for temporary fencing.
The top of the post is adjustable so you can keep it at your desired height.
Super easy to install – no digging required, just place and clip.
- Simply drive in and remove – No digging, no tools required.
- 8.5” metal spikes for increased stability.
- Includes height adjustable clips so you can adjust to desired height, and fixed top cap with 3 movable clips for easy installation.
- Remember to wear gloves while working with this fiberglass posts, this can really be something to handle with.
Keep your pet contained with this post set! these fiberglass posts can be sunk into the ground or placed on top of a flower bed to contain your dog. If you’re protecting a garden from deer, these posts are also great for that. The whole set has 10 posts, each measuring about 46 inches tall. They’re perfect for temporary use or for use with an electric fence.
This article is an Amazon affiliate article. The Editor earns commission from any verified purchases from Amazon which involves no additional costs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Different Types of Electric Fence Posts and Which to Choose
Electric fence posts are the foundation of a successful electric fence. They are what will keep the wire up and in place.
There are three basic types of electric fence posts:
– PVC – these are typically used for temporary or lower-voltage fences
– Wood – these can be used for both temporary and permanent installations, but they need to be pressure treated to withstand the elements
– Steel – these can be used for both temporary and permanent installations, but they need to be galvanized to withstand the elements. Galvanization is a process that protects steel against corrosion.
Do I need a ground rod? What are my options? How do I install them?
Ground rods are used to draw electricity from the earth to provide a more reliable and safer power source. Ground rods are usually installed outdoors and they work by drawing electricity from the earth. Ground rods can be installed in two ways:
-Installing a ground rod into a metal stake, then burying it in the ground
-Installing a ground rod into concrete and anchoring it with bolts
What is the minimum clearance required for installing an electric fence post?
Electric fence posts are used for installing electric fences. The minimum clearance required for installing an electric fence post is 3 feet.
What should you consider when choosing an electric fence post?
An electric fence is a great way to keep your property safe. It is a good idea to have the posts installed professionally or you could do it yourself. You should consider the following factors before making your decision:
– The type of post you want
– The type of wire you want to use
– The height and spacing of the posts
Few types of fence posts are available when installing electric fence posts. When it comes to wire fencing a lighter version of fencings such as posts made of metal or metal fence posts can work best, but fiber glass posts are ideal for heavy duty electric fencing.
Electric fences are used to keep animals and livestock from escaping. They are also used to keep wild animals from entering an area where they are not wanted. The electric fence posts that support the wire of the fence can be either metal or wood.
The purpose of electric fence posts is to hold up the wire, which is what makes it electrified. The wires are most often made of metal and have a current running through them to make them electrified.