If you are planning to have a camp or a road trip, RV awning side sun shade is a must. This provides you relaxation by saving you from high exposure to the sun. Since these are easy to set up and you can set these within minutes. Moreover, it offers excellent protection from UV rays and provides maximum comfort by keeping your living area cooler.
But choosing the best RV awning shade while visiting national parks throughout the States can be a difficult task because you might be bombarded with options. This review article will ease your work so that you can buy the best RV awning shade for you. Remember, Awning shades are not cheap, so be careful about where you spend money.
To Choose Right RV Awning Shades
Here are some factors that are worth keeping in mind before purchasing RV awning shade.
Material Introduction: Material is the first and foremost thing you should consider before buying an RV awning shade.
While traveling in summer, you should buy a highly breathable awning material. It has to block harmful UV rays from the sun. for this, Acrylic material should be your first choice.
According to rvshare.com
- Acrylic is not waterproof but dries up within few hours.
- For mild drizzle, this acrylic can resist or repel water because of its make in woven cloth.
Usually, Vinyl is another material for Awning shade.
On the other hand, vinyl is a tough fabric that is best for the winter season.
- Vinyl can resist mildew, however, it is not mildew proof since it easily attracts dirt and other sticky dust.
- At the same time, Vinyl’s susceptibility to mildew intensifies with long contraction to heat and humidity.
Size: Size is another important fact to consider for buying an awning shade. Buying too big or too small will be a waste. The awning should be ½ or ⅓ of your RV’s length.
Ease of Installation: no one wants to spend hours setting up the awning shade. The installation process should be simple. To determine the installation process please read the product description. It also should be easy to deploy and retract. It should not take more than 20 minutes for installing and retracting.
Style: RV awning shades come in various designs and colors. Though this is not an important issue, you can purchase that would look good with the RV’s exterior. Take some to choose the design and color that fit and secure best.
Package: it is an important thing to consider before buying an awning shade. It should include a kit that will have everything you will require for installation. Otherwise, it might be hectic for you to collect the accessories from outside.
List of 7 Best RV Awning Side Sun Shade
|Editor's Ranking||Editor's Choice||Editor's Rating||Instant Link|
|1||Tentproinc RV Awning Sun Shade||✪✪✪✪✪||Buy At Amazon|
|2||Carefree RV Awning Shade Screen||✪✪✪✪✪||Buy At Amazon|
|3||EZ Awning Shades Black RV Awning Shade||✪✪✪✪✪||Buy At Amazon|
|4||Shade Pro Vista Shade - RV Awning Sunscreen||✪✪✪✪☆||Buy At Amazon|
|5||CAMWINGS RV Awning Privacy Screen Shade||✪✪✪✪☆||Buy At Amazon|
|6||Family Screen Room for Awnings||✪✪✪✪☆||Buy At Amazon|
|7||EXCELFU RV Awning Sun Shade Screen||✪✪✪✪☆||Buy At Amazon|
1. Tentproinc RV Awning Sun Shade
|Comes in||Great Range of Sizes|
|Color||Black, Blue, Gift Blue (it changes)|
|Accessories include||Spikes/stakes, Bungees, Zipper, storage bags|
Specialty: this awning shade blocks up to 86% of harmful UV light that protects your skin and eyes.
What We Liked:
- You get everything that you need for installation.
- 4 sets of plastic stakes & bungee balls.
- Comes in a carrying bag. So whenever you don’t want to use it, you can pack it in the bag and store it.
- One single person can do the installation.
- You will get a 3 years limited warranty.
- Heavy duty but amazingly lightweight
- Varieties of color options available; black, brown, gift blue, beige, navy blue
- 3/16” poly cord for easy insertion into RV shade
- Anti-rust grommets
- It won’t be a 100% block of privacy
This side awning really easy to put up and down. The breathable fabric allows airflow to circulate and you can even see through this awning shade. It lowers the temperature and allows you to enjoy your time.
2. Carefree RV Awning Shade Screen
|Comes in||15 Sizes Available|
|Color||It doesn’t have any color choice|
|Accessories include||Stakes are not included|
Specialty: using it is really simple and easy. Zip and unzip the body panel from the top insert and you are done.
What We Liked:
- Open weave fabric cuts approximately 85% of the sun’s light that keep your area cool and relaxing.
- No ladder required for installation.
- Comes with 5 year warranty.
- Varieties of sizes or custom sizes are available
- Open weave fabric cut
- Resists 85% sunlight but doesn’t block the view.
- Fabric construction is a woven 100% polyester with a vinyl coating, so it is super easy to install.
- Storage bag, rope and stakes are not included.
- It doesn’t fit with box size awning
Zipping feature is the latest feature of the awning shade which makes put up and down really easy. Since it doesn’t come with other related tools, We would recommend buying it if you have already the installation kits, then it would be best for those who have hard to reach RV shades.
3. EZ Awning RV Awning Shade Extension
Specialty: it is an affordable RV awning shade that provides you good privacy and shade. You can see out but others cannot see in.
What We Liked:
- 3 different sizes available to choose from.
- It comes with awning shade net spiral stakes and straight stakes to attach into soft and hard ground bungee balls to connect the awning to spiral hooks awning hooks to attach shade and awning‘s utility slot.
- Made of 100% woven polyester with durable vinyl coating.
- Provides enough privacy
- This can block 80% of the sun’s harmful rays.
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- You will need to have extra hooks if you want to use the shade along with lights at the same time.
Bottom Line: it does block sun and wind. Tools and grommets are made heavy duty. Though it does not come with installation instructions, you will know how to do it just by looking at it. Installation is super easy.
4. Shade Pro Vista Shade RV Awning Side Extension
Specialty: it is the easiest awning shade to install on the market now. It comes in two pieces: a 6 ft. Body and an Insert. The zipper feature makes it extremely easy to use. You don’t need to take off the entire shade when not necessary, just unzip it.
What We Liked:
- It comes with everything for installing awning shade with grommets, stakes, and a storage bag.
- This is the only RV awning shade made specifically for 12V Electric RV Awnings
- Multiple sizes are available.
- This can block up to 85% of light to keep you cool and comfortable.
- Huge ranges of colors are available to choose from; black, tan, blue, brown, burgundy, grey.
- Easy installation
- Not waterproof.
varieties of colors do not let you compromise with color. Super lightweight that makes it easy to carry.
5. CAMWINGS Side Shades For Awnings
Specialty: It blocks almost 90% of the sun’s bright light.
What We Liked:
- If you are inside, you can see through it. But whoever is outside will not be able to see through it.
- Comes with everything that you will require for installing it; mesh shade panel, bungee balls, spiral stakes and hooks are included.
- Can last for many years without even fading
- Two colors are available; black and dark green.
- Easy to store because it comes with its own bag for storage.
- Easy installation.
- No rain protection
Heat protection and privacy are the most impressive features of this awning shade. This is made of heavy-duty material that makes it durable and provides you service for many years. It blocks 90% sunlight but still, some light comes inside.
6. Family Screen Room for Awnings
Specialty:it is a screen room that provides you full privacy where you can sleep, rest, eat and more. It is completely weatherproof.
What We Liked:
- 12 sizes are available for this screen room. From 10’ to 21’
- This screen room comes with a gray polyester screen panels, privacy panels, a storage bag and all necessary installation and mounting hardware
- This screen room gives you privacy, protection, and breathability on warm summer nights.
- Quick and easy installation process.
- Replacement parts are available
- Does not come with instructions.
Since It is made of high-quality material, you get the assurance of long-term use. This awning shade allows light and air circulation that makes the room cool on summer days.
7. EXCELFU RV Awning Sun Shade With Zipper
Specialty: Made of premium high-density vinyl coated mesh with a double stitch that ensures its durability.
What We Liked:
- The awning shade has a zipper that allows quick zip-off and zip-on.
- It can break the force of cross-wind and rain while staying in place.
- This can block up to 86% of harmful UV at the same time allowing breeze.
- Easy installation.
- Only two sizes available.
This high-quality mesh provides high privacy. This fits the most of awning brands such as Dometic (A&E), Carefree, Lippert, Fiamma, Solera, etc. This is strong and made for using for a long time.
How to maintain awning shade?
Answer: Your RV awning shade will become excessively dirty depending on external factors. You need to know the proper cleaning and storage method for maintenance. Hosing down once in a month will postpone the need of deep cleaning. If you hose it down regularly, you should only need to deep clean your awning every 2 to 3 years.
We recommend protecting this product with a guard so that it can remain clean for a longer time. When not in use, roll them down and place it in a bag to protect against outside exposure.
How should I wash Acrylic fabric RV awning shade?
It is recommended not to scrub the fabric since it could remove the water retardant finish. Therefore, you can use approved cleansing material which has to be done by soft sponge or soft fabric. Source: rvshare.com
For the rainy season, which one is the best RV awning type?
Answer: There are two main types of RV awning fabric: acrylic and vinyl. Acrylic is a woven type of breathable fabric that dries quickly but is not waterproof, whereas vinyl is a laminated fabric that is generally waterproof. Areas underneath acrylic fabric tend to stay cooler, as the fabric allows for increased air circulation.
How do I measure the size of my side awning?
Answer: Size is measured as the distance from the centerline of one awning arm to the centerline of the other arm. For example: Measure your RV shade awning fabric, it should be the same as your RV shade.If your RV shade is 15’3”, then choose the side awning as 8’X15’3” shade.
RV awning side sun shade will not just save you from sun rays, it saves you from heavy wind or rain. An RV awning creates extra room for your children to play as well as privacy. It will make your journey enjoyable.