Looking for Deer & Rabbit Repellent? Despite having a fence, some face invasion of deer and rabbit. Especially rabbits, they anyhow find holes and cause damage to your vegetation or garden. Deer, on the other hand, can jump 6 ft fences and invade vegetation.
A Catalogue of Best Deer and Rabbit Repellents
|Editors ranking||Editor's choice||Editor's Ratings||Amazon Link|
|1||Liquid Fence||★★★★★||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Real Coyote Urine||★★★★☆||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Predator Pee 100% Wolf Urine-||★★★★☆||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Shake Away 5006158||★★★★☆||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Enviro pro 11025||★★★★☆||Buy on Amazon|
|6||Nature's Mace||★★★☆☆||Buy on Amazon|
|7||predator guard||★★★★☆||Buy on Amazon|
1. Liquid Fence 110 1 Quart Concentrate Deer
- Comes in either one or two packs.
- Effective against repelling deer and rabbit.
- Stays for a long time
- Doesn’t wash away by rainwater.
- Doesn’t stink while drying out.
- Super easy to apply- spraying all around garden works the best liquid fence.
- Environment friendly since it is biodegradable
- It can be used year-round.
- Easy to apply by spraying around the garden.
- won’t affect animals and plants, only keeps deers and rabbits away
- The package comes in two languages to understand manual- English and Spanish.
- Full money-back guarantee.
- Covers up to 2000 sq ft.
- won’t harm kids, pets, animals.
- doesn’t work on squirrels.
- it is not area spray, it has to be applied on those whichever rabbit and deer might eat.
How much to use
It has to be applied every 2-3 weeks. Reapply once a week for first three weeks to get a better result. and then once a month.
Where to apply
landscaped garden areas, flowers, shrub plants, trees, and vines. Bilingual English/Spanish labels, and 100% money-back guarantee.
Putrescent Egg Solids, Garlic, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Potassium Sorbet
2. Real Coyote Urine
a simple solution to create a diversion to deer and rabbits, that a coyote is nearby. It is totally natural and doesn’t harm any pet and animals. it simply keeps away invading deer and rabbits.
- affordable and highly effective.
- Eco friendly and biodegradable
- Disgusting but Deer and rabbits try to keep away from your garden naturally.
- It creates an invisible predator zone for grass-eating animals.
- It is not that effective against squirrels.
3. Predator Pee 100% Wolf Urine- Best Deer Repellent
Since 1986 this company has held its position and rapport in this predator pee business. Hence, their product is highly reliable and result oriented in terms of repelling deer and other grass-eating animals.
What we liked
This wolf scent creates a terror and illusion among deer and rabbits that a wolf is nearby and instinctively keeps away unwanted critters.
Comes at four sizes, so the price varies accordingly.
- 100% pet friendly
- The territorial marking technique is 100% natural and organic.
- it also alleviates the problem of a nearby coyote
- Originally designed to serve the west coast of U.S
- Doesn’t come with dispenser for 12 oz. sold separately.
4. Shake Away 5006158 Deer Repellent Granules
These granules are composed of a porous, swellable, inorganic mineral that stays on different weather conditions.
What we liked
This repeller works superbly on white-tailed deers that basically invade your garden or vegetation in a group.
- Great for deterring deer, elk, armadillos, javelina, wild boar, or feral pigs
- Organic and non-toxic
- Alleviates pest problems to some extent
- Easy to apply
- Rain may take granules away. thus recommended to re apply after rain.
- Sharp smelly.
5. Enviro pro 11025 Best Rabbit Repellent Granules
100% made in U.S.A assures security and friendliness for family, pet, and plants while repelling rabbits. As mentioned before, rabbits always find a way in even if there is a sturdy fence.
What we liked
In this case, a non-washable in rain repellent ensures a better fencing method to keep away the rabbit invasion to your vegetation or garden or shrubs.
How you apply it?
Apply it every three days to keep the rabbits away consistently throughout the growing seasons. 25-pound repellent will last a year or maybe more than that.
- Lasts long and eco friendly
- Doesn’t smell bad at all
- 100% guaranteed.
- Highly effective
- Doesn’t come with a dispenser.
6. Nature’s Mace Deer and Rabbit Repellent
With 100% money back guarantee this nature’s mace manufacturer is operated by U.S.A’s veteran family.
What we liked
They claim to have proven report from university research that their ingredients work efficiently.
- Nontoxic and Organic
- Eco friendly, harmless to pets and animals
- Odorless, long-lasting
- Doesn’t wash away by water.
- Covers 2,500 sq.ft.
- Doesn’t keep away bees and butterflies. (it applies for all repellents)
- It is better to keep dogs away because of the ingredient in the back, bone meal, it is not good for pets.
7. Solar Powered Predator Guard Review
Wild animal that hunt at night and utterly bothered about them. Then there is a best affordable and a most importantly a cheap solution to keep nocturnal animals away.
Each device doesn’t take more than 23-25 dollars to install. 4 device to put at different or all four direction cost in between 93 dollar.
This device amazingly recharges during day light using its solar panel function and automatically activates during night time.
During night time post guard activates and throws a scary twin beeping red light against the nocturnal animals.
It happens when any nocturnal animal is close to your vegetation and within the vicinity of this device.
If you are not satisfied with this device, the seller will give your 100% money back. Thus the performance of Predator Deterrent Light is guaranteed.
It keeps all Fox, Deer, Wolf, Coyote, Raccoon, Skunk, Bear. Protects: Gardens, Orchards, Vineyards, Ponds, Livestock, Chicken Coops away.
Some useful tips
- research about the predator. what type of predator usually disturbs you.
- Predator animals usually hunt and destroy your vegetation when no one is around.
- find their behavior or research on their mating season when they hunt or disturb neighborhood most.
How this device saves your cost:
- no need to worry of installing CC tv or night vision CC TV as long as it is effective.
- no other expenses need to be done if they work effectively against any intruding animals.
- This device covers you from four directions. therefore, it is recommended to install four devices at all directions to ensure the performance of proper animal repellent.
Simple to tip to apply Predator guard
|Predators||what height do you need to maintain while installing a predator guard?|
|Hawks, owls||8 feet high predator guard|
|Deer||4 feet high|
|12 inches high|
Many brands are in the market to sell this predator guard. if you make simple research on the internet, that comes second in choice. first one is: nite guard and the second preference is always predator guard. there are other brands of solar-charged predator guards, such as : aspectek, univerayo, and vast fire.
What is The Best Rabbit Repellent?
Few things come before buying a repellent for deer and rabbit.
- it has to offer a guarantee in case it doesn’t work.
- Less smelly
- Organic and Biodegradable
- Not harmful for pets, plants, kids, and intruding animals.
- Non-washable through rainwater. However, some granules repellents wash away if you know it rains infrequently in your area, then it is wise you put it after the rain.
- Pay attention if it comes with a dispenser or not. if you already have one with you, then without the dispenser, you can save some bucks.
Does really rabbit repellent work?
Rabbit repellents really are effective against rabbits. Rabbits are smell sensitive and wont come nearby if there is repellent nearby.
Can we make homemade repellent?
Yes, you can do, use this link to make home made repellents . However, it depends on how much dedication you can put it in here. It is highly recommended to buy one if you want to save some time and the output might be 50-50.
Can water sprinkler is effective against rabbits and deer?
Yes, they are, you can think of it as alternative action provided you failed to collect any repellent to apply. Water sprinklers work in two ways- it waters your garden and repels intruding animals through sprinkling water.
Do rabbits invade the garden during rain?
Rabbits are basically prey to predators, they don’t go for eating during extreme weather condition, applies for both hot and wet weather. They like to dig and stay during unfavorable weather and condition to eat outside.
Do deer/rabbits scared of only predator pee?
Yes, they do fear this scent. Other smells, such as vinegar, coffee, the smell of blood, crushed red peppers sprinkled all around, the scent of sharp ammonia and garlic. Sprinkles of these can repel and create a diversion that there is nothing in there (i mean your garden) for them.
Disclaimer: Some of the Links are Amazon affiliated. Editor earns a commission on your verified purchase Which involves no additional cost to the visitor.
FAQ for Predator Guard
How does a predator guard work as Deer repellent?
This light keeps predators away. Once they see a pair of red light, they think soon they might confront any stronger and bigger predator. That creates a flight response and an intimidating effect on visiting wild animals.
How long a predator guard need sunlight to keep it charged?
At least it has to be under sunlight for at least 5-6 hours to fully charge this device. This device has to be installed in place that get proper sunlight, not hidden under something or shed.
What is fox light?
Fox light is an innovative and effective way of protecting lambs that are highly used in the U.S.A, U.K, Europe, and southern Africa to keep predatory animals away to protect your livestock. That keeps away coyotes, wolves, foxes, deer, and other night predators.
Will lights keep coyotes away?
One thing we need keep in mind, coyotes sometimes become comfortable around humans. This gradually can be a reason to them to become gruesome. Lights are a way to repel them away. Usually this animal doesn’t like loud noise and flashing lights.
Does dog poop attract night predators?
Especially coyotes become attracted by dog poops. Therefore, it is better you keep your yard clean to keep coyotes away.
Repellents for Deer & Rabbit neither damages your plant nor causes any harm to intruding animals. Applying concentrated repellents help your garden by discouraging deer and rabbits to come nearby.