When looking for manual tools to give a finishing touch to your fencing projects, then the requirement of the best handheld lawn edger comes in place. Thus, few things come in priority to ensure your choice in terms of comfortability, durability, and most importantly budget. Generally the manual lawn edger is a portable gardening tool, which is operated by hand. It is used for various lawn and garden maintenance tasks, such as cutting blades of grass and trimming roots. However, some edgers may also perform other tasks as well. For example, some are used for removing weeds from cracks in paved surfaces or around the edges of flower beds.
You might know it that hand-held lawn edging can save you a lot of time and effort. All you need is a quality edge trimmer and a weed wacker for your edger to work perfectly. But before making the purchase, you might want to put some thought into the top 5 handheld edgers on the market. That way they are always pushing the edge and making your work easier.
Your lawn only requires a few minutes of maintenance every six weeks. What are the best handheld lawn edgers for the job? Read on to find out.
Log of 5 Best Hand Held Lawn Edgers
Lawn edgers are among the most important garden tools. If you’re not buying the best, your blades will scrape the dirt and grass of your lawn. Here we’ve rounded up the best handheld lawn edgers. These are designed for maximum performance and durability.
|Radius Garden 206 PRO
|Buy on Amazon
|Fiskers long handle steel edger
|Buy on Amazon
|Radius 22611 edger
|Buy on Amazon
|Buy on Amazon
|Buy on Amazon
1. Radius Garden Hand Held Lawn Edger
Radius comes in five styles: shovel, edger (model 206), transplanter, weeder.
Eco-friendly manual lawn edger that works alternative to auto-powered lawn edgers. Ensures impeccable trims and edges for your garden to make borders.
Comes with super-strong stainless steel. Since it works manually, it gives your grip extra pounding capacity with a forward step to ensure hard digging.
Made in the U.S.A.
- Durable and sturdy design relieves hand and arm while digging.
- Wont bend, rust, and break
- Wide foot placement
- O-handle grip
- Requires a little bit of elbow grease to make a smooth digging.
2. Fiskars 38.5 Inch Long-Manual Lawn Edger
“Fiskars” comes with a long shaft for those who have trouble with kneeling or bending while digging. This would be the best handheld lawn edger for them. It has been made with hardened steel that doesn’t bend or rust while doing any edging work for gardening.
Fiskars has a long 38.5 inches long handle with sharp edging that comes with a long-foot platform.
- Affordable in comparison to other edgers
- Easy to use than power edgers
- the dual-handle design makes it easy to grab the handle
- Doesn’t need to bend or sit while edging for fences.
- Lightweight (2.2 pounds)
- Comes with a pack of one and doesn’t have any other style.
- Conditional warranty
3.Radius Garden Handheld Root Slayer Edger
It comes with a V-shaped cutting tip that specifically functions to uproot grass and dirt easily. A better alternative to a gas-powered edger. It mainly works efficiently for your occasional garden works to clean and to give some finishing touches.
- The blade is made of powder-coated carbon steel
- Resin-encased carbon steel shaft with nonlatex gripping
- it needs occasional sharpening to maintain
- U.S.A based lifetime manufacturer guarantee.
4. Kenyon Manual Lawn Edger
Kenyon comes in two sizes, 45 inches, and 48 inches. This edger is pretty heavy in compared to other edgers in the market that makes your job pretty easy. Absolutely made of steel. Works best for any sort of landscape lighting, making borders for trees, irrigation lines, and gardening lines.
- the head is 8-1/4 inch wide and Almost 10 inch long with a 1-1/4 inch generous step.
- Makes easy wide trenches because of it’s 1/4 inch head.
- Sturdy and highly durable
- Heavy duty
- Pretty heavy to carry 12 pounds
- sharpening requires before use.
5. Bully Tools Hand Held Lawn Edgers
Bully tool comes 38.75 inch handle edger ensures durable commercial grade material. Fully made of steel that comes with 12 gauge steel blade. Distinctively it is around lawn edger connects with a T style handle for strong grip while edging.
- Comes with a cushion at handle for comfortability and a spacious foot panel.
- Made is USA
- 12 steel gauge easily penetrates soil
- about 3 ft tall and 9” width
- Goes down to 5” inch depth easily
- a little bit shaky for clay soil
- pay attention to the weight. It depends on your comfortability and capacity on how much you can carry.
- Lenght is important since at some point you may need to kneel to work. Some long handle edgers won’t let you bend if you have problems.
- Warranty is obviously a crucial part to pay attention to. The brittle nature of edgers sometimes can cause your time and money waste.
- Price stays in your budget, therefore, we did not mention in this review since it changes the subject to campaigns and various offers.
- Material is a crucial part where it ensures rustproof and durability of any edger.
- Sometimes Balde style can be a concern, however, for edgers, you may find nearly all of them are common in natures, such as round shape top.
- The grip is an important part that plays a role to the legibility to work with that tool. So, make sure either you have cushions or how much ergonomic handle is.
FAQ on Best Hand Held Lawn Edger
How often should you use your lawn edger?
It is suggested by experts to lawn edge in between May to June. If you do the edging at the end of June, you can avoid peak grass growing seasons from April to May. If you do it once a year, which is close to average you can say that.
Do you really need a handheld lawn Edger?
Actually, it is a must-have when you purchase a new property with a lawn. To maintain your landscape or add new landscape features, An edger keeps your lawn or yard neat and aesthetically standard to look at. Since a sharp edge of grass makes a huge difference at outlook by all means.
What is the difference between edging and trench edging?
People safeguard their garden beds by using rocks or polyvinyl garden border edging to stop grass invasion. However, a little bit of digging is still required for plastic edging and grass can invade the garden bed with the slightest loophole. In terms of trenching the chances becomes lower for the mower to invade the garden bed.
Can you use a shovel to edge the garden?
Yes, manual lawn edgers can be used, but in this case, the idea of using a lawn edger in terms of style has to be straight instead of choosing a round shape shovel. However, if there is a specific tool made to this specific task why go for an alternative, still choice is yours.
Disclaimers: the article on lawn edgers handled manually is an affiliate article, Editor earns a commission based on your verified purchase which involves no cost to the visitor.
How to Use a Step Edger?
Based on the highest customer satisfaction and rapport of organizations, these products have been chosen and accumulated in one place.
Thus, as a curator, we have full confidence in the performance and functionality of mentioned handheld lawn edgers and we highly recommend having one to give the best shape to your lawn. The manual lawn edger can be employed both indoors and outdoors to achieve these results.