A pool handrail is one of the essential parts of a pool. However, the pool owners consider a pool handle redundant and do not fix them with their ground pools. Handrails are the most convenient and instant way to get in and out of the pool. Most drowning accidents are caused by the lack of handrails. All collections need handrails, including home pools, spas, and hotel pools.
Buying the best product is not a big deal at all if you have a piece of good knowledge about the necessary features and specifications of the product.
Standard height and Weight of Pool Handrail?
The purpose of a swimming pool hand rail is to make it easy for a person to get in and out of the pool. Different pools have different requirements for their handrails. The height, width, and type are all different depending on the natural elements that are present.
– Height: For pools with stairs, the height of the railing should be between 34 inches and 38 inches from the ground. For pools with ladders, it is generally around 36 to 44 inches high.
– Width: There are two types of widths: Inside or outside. The inside widths should be between 3 feet and 4 feet wide while outside widths can be wider at 4 feet or 5 feet wide.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Swimming Pool Handrail
The material type should be the first thing to consider before purchasing a handrail as it determines how long the handle will last. Each material has different physical and chemical properties. And stainless steel is the best material to choose as it will keep the handles corrosion-free, withstand harsh and rough outdoor conditions, and won’t fade under the sun. You could also get a pool handrail made from aluminum. But they are not as sturdy as stainless steel and will not last as long. The wrong choice of the material could frustrate the user as he will experience rust and need to be changed the handrails.
Most people do not know the importance of the design of a handrail. The design should allow the user to quickly get in and out of a pool by use of hand support. It should offer a firm grip. This must be accessible to people entering the pool and exiting the pool.
There are two major installation processes for swimming pool handrails. Some handrails come with fixed baseplates and drilled bolt holes. You just have to choose the spot and screw them. This is the easiest way of installation. On the other hand, this one is complicated, and one has to first shop for the specific parts and then put together the parts to complete the handrail. Handrails that are hard to install are frustrating. There are many handrails available in the market, so it is essential to choose one that is easy to install.
Most of the handrails are made suitable for concrete and stone decks. And if your deck is different from these two types, you first need to determine if the product you are interested in is compatible with the deck type you have.
If you want to fix pool rails outside of your home, you have to maintain the standard set by the government. ADA requires pool owners to install at least a set of handrails with a minimum spacing of 33 inches. Moreover, each railing must be 34 inches high.
List of Best Swimming Pool Hand Rail
|Editor's Ranking||Editor's Choice||Editor's Rating||Instant Link|
|1||FibroPro||✪✪✪✪✪||Buy At Amazon|
|2||Inter-Fab||✪✪✪✪☆||Buy At Amazon|
|3||Goplus||✪✪✪✪☆||Buy At Amazon|
|4||Aqua Select||✪✪✪✪☆||Buy At Amazon|
|5||KUAFU||✪✪✪✪☆||Buy At Amazon|
|6||VEVOR||✪✪✪✪☆||Buy At Amazon|
This is an Amazon Affiliate article. Editor Earns commission based on your purchase which involves no additional cost to the visitor.
1. FibroPro Best Pool Hand Rail
- FibroPro swimming pool handrails can be mounted into the wood and concrete.
What We Liked:
- Only a hammer drill is needed for the fast and easy installation of the handrail.
- The package comes with every pool accessory you need to install
- Its ergonomic shape offers the best grip.
- Easy maintenance, corrosion, and stain proof.
- Very easy to install with the provided instruction.
- Quickly mounts to deck with 4 easy bolts.
- Perfect for all sizes of pools.
- The thin base plate can be wobbly if not installed correctly.
The product is super easy to set in place. The handrail is designed with durable stainless steel, which means it will be free from rust for years. The rail does not need any coating after installation; therefore, this is ideal for use in saltwater. The stainless bolts are included in the set and are designed for extra security of your pool handrail.
2. Inter-Fab Stainless Steel Inground Pool Handrail
- It has a flanged rail for easy deck retrofit installation, which is easy to do- it- yourself.
What We Liked:
- This is made in the USA.
- No need to break up your pool deck to add anchor sockets.
- The rail extends parallel over the water.
- 3-year warranty.
- Comes with escutcheons, flanges, and stainless steel deck mounting hardware.
- Super sturdy and does not wobble side to side.
- Easy installation.
- Not a good choice for a saltwater pool.
This rail is recommended for those who usually need others’ help in going to the pool and coming out in spite of having a pool handrail. This handrail dips far enough into the pool to allow a handhold all the way down or up. This is a polished, stylish, and heavy-duty handrail.
3. Goplus Stainless Steel pool Handrail
- This is super easy to mount by means of screws included; only the base plate needs to be mounted.
What We Liked:
- It has a 4-bend design for meeting individual needs.
- The surface is polished with a high glossiness that delivers an aesthetic looking.
- This is made of 304 Stainless steel.
- Rust-resistant and not easy to deformation.
- Comes with instructions for easy installation.
- Ideal for both residential and commercial use.
- The metal gets hot in the sun.
This is a super sturdy tool but lasts for years. The rail comes with all of the necessary hardware and a plate welded to the end so you can secure it to the pool deck without any problem. Installation is easy to be done yourself.
4. Aqua Select Premium Stainless Steel Pool Hand Rail
- Aqua Select pool handrail is made of gray-finished stainless steel that is not just corrosion-resistant but also stain-proof.
What We Liked:
- This is super sturdy as the diameter tube is 1.9 inches.
- This comes with a five-year warranty.
- Easy installation, only a drill hammer, and wrench are needed
- Comes at a reasonable price
- Easy-to-grip railing helps while entering and exiting the pool.
- Not everything that you will need for the installation is included in the set; you need to purchase them separately, e.g., sockets, rings, and plates.
The Aqua Select pool handrail is built explicitly for in-ground pools. This is a real premium and quality product for your collections. This might be an excellent choice for an outdoor jacuzzi or spa. Moreover, installing it will not require any hand, and you can do it yourself. The sparkling gray finish, along with the dynamic shape of the rail, will increase the beauty of your pool area.
5. KUAFU Stainless Steel Swimming Pool Handrail
- KUAFU pool handrail features a users-friendly curve that ensures easy grasp and conforms to the principle of fluid dynamics.
What We Liked:
- It extends down towards the pool water and makes it easy to reach and support to walk out of the pool.
- You get a 30-day money back guarantee on the product.
- Perfect fit and sturdy.
- A cost-efficient choice.
- Installation is a breeze.
- Both the leg’s length is not the same; you have to cut one leg of this handrail.
This handrail is very sturdy and great to get in and out of your pool. This can be used in the swimming pool with steps, sloped entries, spa, water park, etc.
6. VEVOR Mordern Pool Rail
This comes with a 4 ft nylon anti slip grip cover for a comfortable surface to hold during sunny days.
What We Liked:
- The nylon grip cover offers superior grip and reduces the risk of falling.
- This handrail has a capacity of 250 lbs. for powerful support.
- Different sizes are available to choose from.
- Easy to assemble.
- Comes with four pre-drilled holes for easy installation and is equipped with necessary accessories.
- The humanized curve of the handrail ensures a convenient grasp.
- No significant cons are noticed in the product
VEVOR pool rail is composed of a 304 stainless steel plate with the drawing process. This is highly stable with a base of 4 mm thickness for supporting your body. This is perfect for swimming pool, sloped entry, spa, water park, etc., as well as assisting children, seniors, and disabled people when entering or leaving the pool.
FAQ Related To Pool Rail
- What are the top benefits of Handrails?
Answer: Handrails are mostly used to help you to get in and out of the pool easily. The handrails allow the user to easily hold it in case one is drowning.
- Will sanitizing chemicals affect the handrails?
Answer: If the pool railing is made of high quality stainless steel, then pool sanitizing chemicals would not affect it. But in case the pool railing is made with substandard steel, then it would get corroded.
- Do handrails need a lot of maintenance and service?
Answer: Yes. But the handrail is worth the maintenance. Pool handrails give you the option to update your pool’s look relatively easily and without investing a lot of money as well as safety.
All pool owners should maintain the handrails. Most owners with stainless steel hand rails do not maintain the rails because they do not see the need to. They think that they are not affected by the sun and moisture. But the truth is that stainless steel is still affected by moisture, chemicals, and Sun, although the effect is not visible. They affect the finish of the handrail. To maintain the finishing and shining, you should wash it with phosphoric gel.
- Should the pool handrails have a cover?
Answer: The answer is yes. If the handrail is made of stainless steel, they are always exposed to the sun, and there is no shade. Moreover, stainless steel is also slippery. The cover plays an important role then by preventing the user from slipping. It also protects the user’s hands from getting burnt by the hot rails. The cover should be durable and resistant to heat.
There is no better way to climb up with the help of a built-in pool handrail. The pool handrails give your pool an entirely different and a touch of class. Moreover, it doubles swimmers’ enjoyment by bringing them much more convenience.