Extended assist rails are used in different settings. They can be used while the user requires any kind of assistance to get up and down. RV extended handrail might be used for steps, doorways, personal vehicles, or any spot that is considered to be a risk of falls or for extra support.
Sometimes we don’t feel steady on our legs due to weight, uneven ground or health complications. Extended assist rails come in different types, sizes (lengths), diameters, textures, colors, finishes and installation methods. So it is important that a user knows what they should be looking for prior to purchasing one.
One thing we should mention according to stromberg carlson product manuals,
“RV rails are designed to prevent your fall, not designed to break your fall. “
Why We Use Extend Assist Rail With RV?
It supports more than 200 lbs.
You can have these assist rail not only for RV but also for household steps. Specially for entrances. People usually prefer handrail for three steps or few steps entrances. Like for Garage steps and Patio steps.
Handrail for rv entrance works as an alternative to grab handle. It works on smaller vehicles and travel trailers as it stays flat to sideways which is secure and comfortable to use when needed.
It can be installed both side of the door. Last but not the least, these assist rails do come in aluminum, not as cheap and light plastic as it may appear. Thus, these are pretty sturdy, a great addition to your vehicle and highly durable.
Things to Consider Before Purchasing Extended Assist Rail
Material and Size:
the assisting extended hand rail should be made of such material that makes it durable and ensures its longevity.
It is critical to know the size of the railing you will need before purchasing an extended assist handrail. To determine this, measure the area where it will be installed. If the area is large, a large rail is required, and if it is small, a little extended assist rail is required.
It must be easy and comfortable to grip in order to avoid falling.
Folding, Locking facility and Direction of Folding
It has to have folding options. If it folds in both ways, it is the one you were looking for. It needs to be locked well while you RV is parked or on the move.
It should be easy to install which will save both your money and time. Plus for look for the mounting screws if they come along with it.
It works fine for Household steps too
However, it may seem a too big for two steps stairs, but works fine with patio entrances and stairs with two or three steps.
Trending 3 Extended Assist Rail For RV
|Editor's Ranking||Editor's Choice||Editor's Rating||Instant Link|
|1||Stromberg Carlson Extended Assist Rail||✪✪✪✪✪||Buy At Amazon|
|2||Camco Grab Handle||✪✪✪✪✪||Buy At Amazon|
|3||Lippert Solid Step Entry Assist Handrail||✪✪✪✪☆||Buy At Amazon|
Disclaimer: This is an Amazon Affiliate article. Editor Earns commission based on your purchase which involves no additional cost to the visitor.
1. Stromberg Carlson Extended Assist Rail
- Stromberg Carlson extended hand rail is made of Aluminum and it is powder coated which increases its longevity and durability.
What we Liked:
- The handle folds and locks in three positions- to the left, to the right, and straight ahead.
- According to expert and users review, it extends out an additional 10 inches and down an additional 13 and half inches to maintain the balance of user while getting up and down.
- Super easy to install.
- Budget friendly price.
- It has a black foam padding for a nice and easy grip.
- It goes with other models of that same brand to avoid further drilling which is simply great for replacements.
- The only available color is black.
- If mounted on the right side, you will or may need to add backing for the mounting purposes.
The goal of Lend-A-Hand assist rails is to assist you in maintaining your balance. Installation takes less than ten minutes. The powder coating on it makes it durable, cost-effective, and environmentally-friendly.
2. Camco Grab Handle
- Camco grab rails are small in size, making them ideal for small vehicles where large extended rails will not fit.
What we Liked:
- It is simple to install on either the left or right side of your RV door.
- Made of durable aluminum with UV-resistant plastic brackets.
- It has a comfort sleeve for ease of use
- It will not rust or fade.
- Provides a solid, secure grip
- The handrail includes all installation hardware.
- The only available color is black.
It is really simple to install by one person. The pleasant grip makes climbing up and down easier. It looks wonderful because of the great finish. It is a high-quality product at an affordable price.
3. Lippert Solid Step Entry Assist Handrail
- Lippert solid assist handrail has locking pins that allow for an easy 5″ height adjustment to accommodate door widths up to 36″.
What we Liked:
- It has powder coated finish.
- This handrail comes with all necessary mounting hardware for a quick, DIY installation.
- Convenient to store while not in use.
- simple to install.
- Easy to adjust the height
- you can have it for three to four step. Usually trailers have these types of steps.
- This handrail is removable.
- A must RV steps for elderly
- You need to adjust the height depending on the slop of the ground. it is flexible to adjust the height but you need to know before you adjust it.
- it takes up your little of space to store.
The railing is sturdy, making it easier and safer for campers to enter and exit their RVs. This handrail easily stores within your RV’s entryway beside the Solid Step. It is robust and long-lasting. Despite its expensive cost, it is well worth the money.
Can I attach this handrail for rv steps to brick?
Answer: yes, you can. Make sure you use concrete screws, not the screws that comes in the package.
Does these RV step handrail need any maintenance?
Answer: yes, occasionally. If it gets dirt you can clean it with a cloth.
What is the difference between a traditional handrail and an extended handrail?
Handrails are a great way to make a staircase safer and more accessible. There are two different types of handrails: traditional handrails and extended handrails.
Traditional handrails are typically mounted on the wall, which is why they have to be mounted at least 34 inches high. They can be mounted lower if they are within 10 inches of a door that opens in the direction of the stairs. Extended handrails often have a wider base than traditional ones, and they can be mounted at any height.
– Mounted on wall (minimum height is 34 inches)
– Must be within 10 inches of door opening in direction of stairs
– Mounted at any height
Will the extended handrail still go up and down the steps and not get stuck?
The extended handrail is an innovative product that will make it easier for people to go up and down the steps. This product is not just a simple stair railing, but a unique design that can be extended to provide support to the user.
This handrail can be used in many different ways. It can be used as an extension of the staircase of your RV or to your patio or to the entry of your house, or it can be used as a ramp if there are too many stairs in between two floors. It also provides safety when going up and down the stairs of your trailer.
How does it help to have a handrail when going up and down steps?
A handrail can help people who have problems with balance to prevent falls, and it can also be used by people with physical disabilities.
People who have balance problems often find it difficult to go up or down stairs without a handrail. A handrail helps them maintain their balance and prevents them from falling. For people with physical disabilities, the handrail provides excellent support for those who may need it.
Where can I find extended handrails for RV steps?
Handrails are not a new invention. They have been around for a very long time. But the problem is that they were never designed to fit the needs of RV steps.
The best place to find extended handrails for RV steps is on Amazon. There are many products available and most of them are cheaper than you would expect which makes it easier for you to find what you need without spending too much money.
A handrail is a device that is installed on the side of stairs to prevent people from falling. Handrails are usually installed on both sides of the stairs, but an extended handrail can be purchased to provide additional support.
There are many different reasons why someone might want to purchase an extended handrail. One reason could be for safety purposes. The person may have a disability or other health issue that makes it difficult for them to walk up or down stairs without assistance. Another reason could be because they live in a high-rise building and not used to with steps and need additional safety measures due to the height of the trailer.