The best outdoor resin storage sheds can be a great addition to any house. It helps you tackle your storage needs freeing up some space by shifting the unwanted stuff into an outdoor shed. No matter where it sits around your property, it can add valuable space to your home. Before you make a decision, it is a good idea to do some research first. Storage sheds come in a wide variety of sizes, prices, materials, and styles. So, it can be hard to decide which is right for you. For making the decision easy, we have listed several things that you should consider first.
Things to Consider Before you Buy
There are many building options like metal, wood, and resin. While purchasing an outdoor storage shed, pay attention to the thickness of the material used, the damage resistance factors, and whether it can meet all your requirements and safeguard your assets.
Metal sheds are rot and insect resistant, durable, and often found expensive, but might rust and leak. Metal sheds come in a variety of colors and offer years of maintenance-free service.
Wood storage sheds are the most aesthetically pleasing option and are highly customizable. They are strong and can last a lifetime. But, they might also rot if not built properly. Moreover, wooden sheds tend to cost more upfront and require regular maintenance.
Resin sheds are made of plastic and are the easiest sheds to assemble. They are easy to clean and virtually maintenance-free. They also resist rust, insects, mold, and rot. However, they are not a secure or strongest option. They are not usually customizable and can be flimsy sometimes.
source of information: zacsgarden.com
check whether the outdoor storage shed you choose has flooring. A stable floor lets you walk on it and store tools, a lawn mower, and various other items you plan to keep in the shed. A strong surface will support you and your tools.
Before choosing an outdoor storage shed, be sure to measure the area where your shed will be placed. Always plan on a bigger size than you think you need. One of the best ways to figure out the size of shed you need right now is by listing all of your items that need to be stored in the shed.
Your shed should match its surroundings and complement your home to some extent. So, choose a design that brings a good appearance to your property.
outdoor storage should have windows or shutters, shelves, anchors, etc. Windows let natural light come inside, which increases visibility and makes the space more user-friendly. Shelves let you organize your tools properly.
It is very important to have a good understanding of local bylaws before you settle on outdoor storage shed. There are some building codes and permit provisions in some counties that you will need to know before purchasing. Speak with a shed building professional who should know whether you need a permit or not. The rules can impact the size of your shed or its placement; therefore, make sure to do your research before buying a shed.
Log of Best Outdoor Storage Sheds To Ease Your Search
|Editor's Ranking||Editor's Choice||Editor's Rating||Instant Link|
|1||KETER Manor||✪✪✪✪✪||Buy At Amazon|
|2||Lifetime||✪✪✪✪☆||Buy At Amazon|
|3||Suncast||✪✪✪✪☆||Buy At Amazon|
|4||Rubbermaid||✪✪✪✪☆||Buy At Amazon|
|HOMSPARK||✪✪✪✪☆||Buy At Amazon|
1. KETER Manor Resin Outdoor Storage Shed
Keter Manor resin outdoor shed is a lovely traditional-looking shed with a finish that looks more like wood than plastic and will complement any home. It comes in a grey color.
What We Liked:
- Made from polypropylene resin plastic and steel reinforced to ensure durability.
- It has a window to let in natural light.
- A double door at the front.
- You will never need to paint the shed.
- Waterproof and UV protected, thus it will not fade, rot or rust.
- The ventilation vent allows air circulation.
- It has a lockable door.
- Comes in one-color only.
Once the Keter Manor 6×8 resin outdoor shed is assembled, you will not have to do anything to maintain it. This features a double door which makes it easy to get big items in and out without hassle. Its internal storage capacity of 7. 6 cubic meters.
Furthermore, the permanent window prevents the shed from becoming too musty during hot or wet weather. And the ventilation vent undoubtedly helps to combat humidity damage. The floor weight capacity is 30 PSF, and the roof weight capacity is 15 PSF. This comes with different style options to choose from.
2. Lifetime 6446 Outdoor Resin Storage Sheds
- Lifetime 6446 outdoor storage shed features six small skylights, two polycarbonate windows (that are also shatterproof), two screened vents, and decorative shutters for these windows. It also includes two peg strips, two shelves measuring 90″ by 9″, and four corner shelves.
What We Liked:
- This is constructed of dual UV-protected high-density polyethylene with steel wall supports which makes the wall durable.
- This comes with a 10-year limited manufacturer warranty.
- Lockable steel-reinforced doors for added security.
- It has screened vent for ventilation.
- The high-pitched roof allows quick drainage of rain and snow.
- No need for sanding and painting.
- The floor is slip-resistant
- The floor surface guards against oils, solvents, and stains.
- Assembly is challenging.
This shed measures 8×15 feet. Its interior dimensions are 90″ wide by 174″ deep and 94″ tall at ceiling peak, 70″ everywhere else. The storage and shelving system is customizable to suit your needs. This storage shed is built for superior strength with attractive designs. Though the assembly is hard, once you are done, you are not going to be tired with this storage shed.
3. Suncast Heavy-Duty Resin Tremont Storage Shed
- Suncast heavy-duty storage shed features a padlock hasp that allows doors to lock securely.
What We Liked:
- Multi-walled polypropylene resin panels are engineered for long-lasting strength and stability.
- The storage shed comes with 2 windows, 6 skylights, and windows that provide natural light inside.
- It included are 2 corner shelves to optimize storage space and keep your tools organized.
- The heavy-duty floor is designed to withstand the abuse, supporting your lawnmower, tractor, or other heavy equipment.
- Durable and immune to rust, mold, and corrosion
- Assembly can be time-consuming.
This shed’s 8-by-10-foot design can accommodate tools, smaller machines, and other items. The steel-reinforced multi-wall panels are stable, and its all-weather construction offers UV protection. Featuring a cottage style , this shed brings elegance to your garden.
4. Rubbermaid Best Resin Outdoor Storage Shed
- You can choose either a storage shed or a storage shed with an organizer.
- Rubbermaid is a prominent brand that not only offers 7×7 size but you can find all size storage such as: 5×7, 5×4, 5×2, 2×2.5 storage shed.
What We Liked:
- Tough, double-wall construction.
- Impact-resistant floor.
- It has two windows that allow light in, and the rear vent allows proper air circulation.
- It will not rust or rot.
- Weather, moisture, and sun damage resistance.
- The door is lockable for added security.
- Can put up with the all-weather condition.
- does have a locking facility but doesn’t come with locks. You need to buy it separately. With that price, a lock could be added.
- It has other customizable options, but these tools need to be bought separately, such as tool rack, power tool holder and accessory kits.
The Rubbermaid outdoor storage shed is ideal for storing large outdoor equipment and tools. Two colors, sizes, and styles are available for this storage shed. The wall-anchor system allows easy installation of shelving, pegboard, and other accessories to help keep your belongings organized.
5. HOMSPARK vertical outdoor plastic storage shed
|Color||Grey roof, Cream white wall, Black floor|
|Interior Dimension:||46 in. Length x 25.2 in. Width x 77.2 in. Height.|
|Type||Blow Molded With Double-wall Panels|
- Comes in various colors; gray roof and black bottom.
What We Liked:
- HDPE Resin
- No bad plastic smell
- Highly durable which requires no maintenance at all.
- Has a double protection effect.
- The fun fact is, it comes in 3 packages. Each package contains different materials. So read the instruction before you order lest it may surprise you.
- Weather-resistant and weatherproof.
- Rotatable hinges, lockable door, and fixing latch makes it secure all time.
- doesn’t come with locks and shelves (can add 4 shelves). It needs to be bought separately.
Overall a great choice for a great budget-friendly outdoor storage shed. You may need help while assembling this storage. However, you can take the help of electric screwdrivers or drill to make your faster. By following instructions you can easily assemble it by yourself if you love a little bit of engineering.
Can the Shed Be Hooked up to Electricity?
Answer: Absolutely, you can. Power can be run underground from the house to the shed, or solar panels can be installed on the roof or beside the shed to keep you “off the grid” while providing the power you need.
Can I use a garden shed for multiple purposes?
Answer: With a plastic storage shed, you can set up your shed for multiple purposes.
First, it is possible to put your outdoor items in the shed to keep them safe and dry. This includes pool supplies, grills, Christmas decorations and so on.
Second, you can use the storage shed as a workspace or a studio. It can be used as an outdoor office while you’re working on home improvement projects or gardening tasks.
Third, some people use their outdoor sheds as workshops where they build things like furniture or other hobbies that require a lot of tools and supplies.
Do I need a permit to build a shed? If yes, what kind of shed covenants and permits are required?
Answer: Unfortunately, the answer isn’t the same for everyone. As mentioned, before contemplating buying a shed, you need to check all the zoning law restrictions or covenants that your neighborhood might have. You do not want to install an expensive shed only to learn that you are breaking the law.
For all your queries, it’s best to call your city officials and get everything clarified. Only after doing so must you determine what type and size of shed you can build.
Do I need a concrete base for the garden shed?
Answer: You can have one, but it’s not required. You will, however, be strongly encouraged to have at least a stone pad made of gravel for the garden shed to sit on.
What tools do I need?
Answer: You will need a drill, screwdriver and riveter, tape measure, ladder, and in most cases, a helping hand. We also recommend hand, eye, and foot protection. Do not install in wet or windy conditions.
You need two things to build a resin storage shed: time and knowing how it is built. Most people lack at least one of those qualities. It may look simple, but some knowledge is required in order to build a solid shed. Choosing a pre-built shed allows you to customize your outdoor storage shed fully. And you don’t have to worry about anything else.